- 250g / bit less than 1.25 cups Baking Soda
- 125g / bit more than 0.5 cups Citric Acid
- 50g / bit less than 0.5 cups Corn Starch
- 15ml/3tsp water or witch hazel(add slowly with a spray bottle)
- 1-2 tablespoons of Cocoa Butter
- 1/2 tsp ylang ylang oil
- 1/4 tsp baby powder fragrance oil
NOTE: some people say that Witch Hazel creates a stronger bind than water for keeping a bomb together. If using Witch Hazel in your bath bomb, either use a spray bottle or add a few drops at a time while mixing constantly and checking consistency by squeezing with your hand. When it holds together- stop adding hazel. Do not add both water and hazel.
mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.
mix all wet ingredients, minus the water (includes melted cocoa butter) in another bowl.
- mix the two together
- slowly add the water in as you stir the mixture. Be careful, too much water will activate the fizzy action. I like to use a spray bottle.
- mold ( use our 1.75" diameter mold) and let dry overnight
Make sure to use extra caution when mixing the citric acid- it will sting if you have any open cuts or cuticle abrasions. It’s recommended to use gloves once you add it. Be careful as always when getting in and out of the tub- remember that you did just add oil to the water, which may cling to the tub and create a slippery surface.