BASIC BATH FIZZY RECIPE
|16 oz wt. of Citric Acid|
32 oz wt. of Baking Soda
4 oz wt. Kaolin or clay of your choice
1 fl oz of favorite fragrance oil or essential oil
1 spray bottle filled with 4 parts distilled water to 1 part rubbing alcohol
***note: to get the appearance of the picture, separate your dry mix into parts and color using our neon pigments Neon Pigments, continue with the same steps. Also, add up to 6% by weight polysorbate 80 to aid with color dispersion in bath.
- Measure the baking soda, citric acid and clay. Place into mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add your mica and mix well.
- Using a plastic dropper, add approx. 1 oz. fragrance oil by drizzling into different
locations of the mixture.
- Using a whisk or fork, mix well by breaking up lumps of fragrance oil.
- Once mixture is free of clumps, begin to spray with your distilled water and alcohol.
Using gloved hands, toss the mixture while it is being sprayed to avoid activating the fizz.
- Once mixture is just moist enough to stay together when pressed, it is ready to be molded.
Note: check by taking a tablespoon of the mixture and squeezing it in the hand. If it falls apart,
then you need to continue to spray and mix. Make sure you are wearing gloves for this part
of the recipe.
- Once the mixture is the correct consistency, press a few tablespoons of the mix into the mold cavity.
Press firmly. Fill all of the mold cavities.
- Wait approximately 15 minutes and remove fizzies from the mold. Allow to sit for 1 hour before packaging.
You will know the fizzies are ready to package because they will be hard.