How to use our Lip Balm Bases
We offer Mango Butter, Shea Butter, Lanolin or Vitamin E
Our bases come in a natural HDPE thick plastic jar.
1. Unscrew the lid & remove the pressure seal, place the lid back on the
jar but do not screw it on. It should just be sitting on the top.
2. Heat your lip balm solution in the microwave using one minute increments
until it is liquid. Be sure that you don't overheat as you could melt the container.
You may also scoop the lip balm base out & melt in a double boiler.
3. Add color chips or mica to your lip balm base if you choose to color.
If not skip this step.
4. Add approximately 9 ml (measure using our pipettes)of your favorite
flavor oil or essential oil to our 8 oz wt. size, stir in making sure the flavoring is consistent
throughout. Test on your lips and add based off of your preference.
5. Transfer into your container of choice. Tubes, jars, or tins. I like to cut the tip off of
a pipette and transfer the lip balm using it.
Any left over base should be stored in the refrigerator for optimum shelf life.
Remember this is a natural product with no preservative, only natural vitamin e
has been added to aid in preventing a stale product.
Lip balm containers can be found www.pinemeadows.net/misc.php