Tuesday, February 16, 2016
Monday, February 15, 2016
TIGER BALM RECIPE
6 grams camphor essential oil
5 grams clove essential oil
4 grams eucalyptus essential oil
2 grams cinnamon essential oil
7 grams peppermint essential oil
13 grams beeswax
13 grams deodorized cocoa butter
1 gram natural vitamin e oil
4 grams hemp seed oil
4 grams wheat germ oil
Combine oils & beeswax in a double boiler and melt over low heat, just until melted.
Avoid over heating! (don't add the vitamin e oil in until later)
Weigh out your essential oils and add them to the melted mixture, as well as your vitamin e oil. stir together well & then transfer to the .5 oz ointment tins. Once they have cooled they are ready to use.
You should have enough Tiger Balm to fill five of the silver .5 oz tins.
Tiger Balm is used for:
- Headaches and migraines
- Stomach ache caused by wind in the tummy
- Stuffy nose
- Muscle aches and pain
- Itching and pain caused by insect bites
Here are some of the effective ways that you can use Tiger Balm ointments;
Sprains, muscle aches, arthritic and rheumatic conditions
For sprains in your feet and hands, soak the affected areas in a basin of warm water for 5 to 10 minutes. Towel dry and immediately massage Tiger Balm medicated ointment, balm or liniment into the affected areas gently. For other parts of your body like your shoulders, knees or elbows, etc, it is best to apply the Tiger Balm after a warm bath. Alternatively, you can use a slightly moist warm towel to warm the areas before application.
Prepare a basin of hot water and place it on a table. Apply Tiger Balm under your nostrils. Use a towel large enough to drape it over your head. With your eyes closed, position your face just above the basin of hot water, making sure that the towel covers the basin. Breathe in the steam till your nasal passage clears.
Expelling wind from stomach
Prepare a basin of warm water and a towel large enough to cover your tummy. Apply a small amount of Tiger Balm onto your tummy and massage well into the area. Soak the towel into the basin. Wring the water from the towel, making sure that the towel is still slightly moist. Use the warm towel to cover your tummy. Repeat the process once the towel cools down.
Headaches and migraines
For fast relief of headaches and migraines, place a warm towel on your forehead. Apply a small amount of Tiger Balm to both sides of your temple and massage well into the area.
42 grams Emulsifying Wax
30 grams Stearic Acid
1.8 grams Citric Acid
450 grams Distilled Water
18 grams Deodorized Cocoa Butter
60 grams Mango Butter
21 grams Evening Primrose Oil
10 grams Liquid Glycerin
11 grams Sodium Lactate
9 grams Optiphen ND
4 - 6 grams of your favorite Fragrance Oil or Essential Oil
You will need:
87 ounce bucket used for melting ingredients in the microwave.
Stick Blender used for whipping your ingredients into the cream consistency.
Jar containers (this is thick & we recommend putting it in a jar) for your finished product.
Recipe yields 24 ounces of product.
1. Weigh out the ingredients in the first paragraph, remember to weigh each ingredient out and then transfer to your 87 ounce bucket. That way if you go over you are not cross contaminating ingredients when you put them back into the original container.
2. Heat for 4 minutes in the microwave. Stir them with your stick blender & check to make sure the wax has melted & there are not any chunks. If there are chunks that have not melted continue to heat for 30 seconds until it has all melted.
3. Weigh out your second paragraph while your heating the first and have it ready to add into the 87 ounce bucket. Add your butters and oils into the bucket with your heated water & waxes. Using the stick blender stir for a minute.
4. Weigh out your last paragraph and add it to the 87 ounce bucket ingredients, stir with the stick blender for a minute. Your cream will begin to thicken as it cools.
5. Last add it your fragrance or essential oil and stir really well. The cream will need to cool down. I leave my stick blender upright in the bucket and start to clean up. While your cream is thickening periodically go over and turn the stick blender on to whip it.
6. When your cream is nice and thick, transfer into your jars of choice using a spatula.
I always wipe my jars out with a clorox wipe prior to filling.